What is Skype for Business?
Skype For Business hosted on Office 365 provides your business with collaborative tools such as online meetings, messaging, calls and video meetings between your staff and outside organisations. Formerly called Microsoft Lync, Skype For Business has been rebranded to resinate more with users while offering the advancements of the legacy Lync functionality.
Skype For Business is the go-to communication platform for small businesses. This is due to the fact that it helps small businesses collaborate with each other. Some of the advantages of using Skype for business for small businesses include:
- Enable instant messaging within your office and to your customers.
- Schedule online meetings with your staff or customers using video conferencing.
- Save on business travel costs and undertake your business deals online.
The new Skype for business does not tie you to your desk, with varying versions of Skype in place, you can make calls from any on your devices whilst you are virtually anywhere. You could use your tablet, your PC or your smartphone. Running your business is now an amazing experience thanks to Skype for Business.
Benefits of Microsoft’s Office 365
The debate on the benefits of hosted vs. on-premise is quite inevitable. Some of the advantages of hosting on office 365 are:
- All maintenance and support is handled by Microsoft saving significant cost in support and infrastructure.
- Simple monthly PAYG model allowing quick and easy set-up
- No hardware, software and associated licensing costs.
If you’re interested in hearing more about Skype For Business, call 1800 ITOPIA today.